Sunday, January 18, 2009

PIRACY!

I'm not a watchdog for any legal organizations or anything, but whilst looking for tabs for Donovan - Sunshine Superman, I stumbled across this about the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI) and their Digital Music Report for 2009 (it's linked in the story below - stop asking so much of me!).

According to NME.com, there's been tons of downloading going on. How much? See for yourself. It's in the billions, I'll tell you that much. That being said, they've also recorded six straight years' worth of growth in the digital music industry. So maybe it's a case of the money-makers asking for gold when they've already got silver. Let me know what you think.

And if all this hubbub's got you in a tizzy, take a walk in the snowy tranquility. I'm just kidding, it's a pain in the ass getting around out there right now. And it's cold. And I don't want to - alright, alright, sorry. Bring some summer with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Billboard This Week